Ragging is neither a means of familiarization, nor an introduction with freshers, but a form of Psychopathic behaviour. Ragging is a violation of Human Rights. Respect Humanitarian Values.Ragging is a heinous crime, heavily punishable under law. Ragging may spoil your career for ever.
FOLLOWING ACTS WITH FRESHERS SHALL AMOUNT TO RAGGING
- To force to address seniors as ‘Sir ‘
- To force to perform mass drills.
- To force to copy class notes for the seniors.
- To force to serve various errands.
- To force to do menial jobs for the seniors.
- To ask/answer vulgar questions.
- To force look at pornographic pictures to shock the freshers out of their innocence.
- To force to drink alcohol, scalding tea, smoking, etc.
- To force to do acts which can lead to physical injury/ mental torture or death.
- To force to do acts with sexual overtones, including homosexual acts.
PUNITIVE MEASURES FOR RAGGING
Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the College, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging shall be one or any combination of the following:
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Debarring from any test/examination or any other evaluation procesCollective punishment when the individuals committing or abetting ragging are not identified.
- Fines of more than Rs.1,000/-, if any 3rd Sem students found travelling by College Bus with 1st Sem students (for any reason whatsoever).
- Rigorous imprisonment and fine upto Rs 2.5 Lakhs as per Law.